Covid-19 Attendance Guidelines
Northwestern University and the Virginia Wadsworth Wirtz Center for the Performing Arts are delighted to welcome back audiences for safe in-person, indoor performances this 2021-22 Season.
As Northwestern, the city of Evanston, and the state of Illinois update their guidelines, the Wirtz Center will continue to work with our health and safety specialists to evaluate and alter our plans as necessary. We are committed to keeping you informed, and our latest guidelines will be up to date on this page.
While we continue to closely monitor the spread of COVID-19, our current plans for the return to in-person programming are as follows:
- We will open up to 100 percent seating capacity this fall. We do not plan to offer subscriptions this season but instead will offer a FLEXPASS. All tickets will be sent digitally to allow us to respond to any capacity changes that may arise.
- Patrons over the age of 12 must be prepared to show proof at the door of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 OR proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours (two days) of a show. For patrons 12 years of age and younger, proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours (two days) of a show is required. Northwestern is pleased to be able to offer COVID-19 rapid antigen testing for campus visitors. Visitors may include prospective students, Northwestern event attendees, and family or friends visiting campus.
- Patrons must agree to comply with Northwestern’s Covid-19 Safety Acknowledgment when purchasing tickets online:
- COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement
Northwestern is closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and will follow local, state, and University guidelines for this event. All attendees will be required to have been fully vaccinated or have received a negative COVID test within 48 hours of the event start, as well as comply with all other University safety protocols that are in place at the time of the event. Participants unwilling or unable to abide by these requirements should not attend.
- COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement
- ALL staff and patrons, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to wear a mask at all times when indoors.
- Shows will be performed at full length with intermissions where applicable. We are evaluating offering a limited selection of concession items.
- Show programs will continue to be produced and made available prior to performances via e-mail and in the venues via a QR code. A few large-print programs will be available in the box office for each performance.
- Ticket returns and exchanges? We will be flexible with our return and exchange policy this season. While our box office remains closed to in-person sales, all tickets can be ordered online, and our team will be available via phone and e-mail during expanded hours that will be included in the season announcement information.
- We will continue to practice enhanced cleaning practices and offer hand-sanitizing stations.
Above all, we are committed to working in full coordination with public health agencies to ensure that our protocols promote the safest environment for our students and audiences.
We look forward to the safe return to live performances, but also recognize that future changes to our policies may be necessary. We thank you for your understanding and support during these unusual times — and always!
For more information about Northwestern University’s COVID-19 response: www.northwestern.edu/coronavirus-covid-19-updates/